Friday, August 7, 2009

Doctor's appointment and Childbirth Class

So, I went to the doctor and everything still looks great! I am measuring at 34 weeks, so just a week behind where I am at. The doctor didn't have any concerns. The heartrate was between 130 and 140 beats a minute and she was very pleased with that. The doctor said that she wants me to come in weekly from now on and if I start having contractions to wait until they are 5 minutes apart and come into labor and delivery cause they will let her come if she wants to.

I have still been feeling really good, but I'm starting to have labor and delivery dreams. I have had two as of last night. I had one dream that I delivered and nursed the baby (it's still a girl in my dreams) and one of having contractions, which wasn't really fun.

We went to our first childbirth class last night. It was pretty informative and we had a good time. We learned the breathing techniques last night and so Matt and I are going to practice them. He gets to twist the skin on my arm and I have to breath through it, which he seems to be getting a kick out of for some reason. I have to say that I have learned a little that I didn't know from the class, but I think the next three will be really helpful.

1 comment: